Despite serving in K-8 academia for almost five decades, we refuse to rest on our experience and therefore continually evaluate and reflect on our program to ensure that we are effectively meeting the needs of our student body. At Casas Christian School we care about the spiritual, emotional, physical and academic well-being of each child enrolled, and strategically ensure that each child encounters a rigorous, relevant, but still relational educational experience.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a K-8, dually accredited school located in Oro Valley, Arizona. Our highly-qualified team provides a differentiated, stimulating program for every student enrolled. As a school community, we are wholeheartedly invested in walking out our faith, both inside and outside our school walls.
WHAT SETS US APART?
Where most schools are driven by "grade level" we are driven by "readiness level." We then augment that individulaized school curriculum with an extensive after school program offering STEM Scouts, Mandarin, golf, tennis, orchestra, hand bells and more. Not only do these programs help students to discover some of their own natural and unique gifts, but also stimulate a desire for deeper understanding of truth in an ever-changing world.
WHAT ABOUT TUITION?
All families are eligible to receive tuition assistance through the Arizona Private School Tuition Tax Credit Program. We currently have 95% of our families taking advantage of this opportunity, with almost 60% covering tuition in full!
RELATIONAL – WE TEACH our students the importance of growing strong relationships with one another and with God.
- Average of 14 students per teacher
- Athletic program intentionally focuses on building responsibility, sportsmanship and respect in our athletes.
- Weekly chapel services address culturally relevant topics from a biblical perspective in order to guide each student to a deeper understanding of who God is, and who He has purposed them to be
- Students experience serving others and giving back through many outreach opportunities: house building trip in Mexico, partnering with Gospel Rescue Mission to provide for their needs, giving to Operation Christmas Child, participating with Feed MY Starving Children, and designating time for 8th graders to serve the poor in Los Angeles
- Godly teachers and staff who passionately pursue their relationship with Jesus and model the fruit of the spirit for our students
RIGOROUS – WE BELIEVE students should be appropriately challenged academically in order to reach their greatest potential.
- Engaging, differentiated instruction
- Dually accredited K-8 program (Association of Christian Schools International & Advanced Ed)
- Students consistently score competitively in reading and math compared with students nationwide
- Full day kindergarten
- Bi-annual, diagnostic and prescriptive NWEA testing allows for individualized skill development
“My daughter is at Casas and we love-love-LOVE this school! From the principal to every teacher and even the front office, the academics and love that is showed is unparalleled in this area, not to mention the student to teacher ratio is better than any public or charter school.”
RELEVANT – WE KNOW that in order to effectively reach the mind, body and spirit of a child, education must be relevant.
- STEM Scouts after school program
- Cross-curricular problem solving requiring critical thinking
- 21st century readiness focus
- Biblical integration throughout the curriculum
- Annual evaluation of curriculum
- A “Global Community” mindset that permeates our school culture
- Exemplary Fine Arts department featuring visual arts, band, orchestra, dance & drama
- Effective Student Services including Intervention for Reading & Math Programs as well as Speech and Language Therapy
- Competitive athletic program
- Forward thinking administration