Tax Credit Examples

You can support students and receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit against state taxes owed.

How Does Tax Credit Work With My Taxes?

You can either pay money to the state, OR elect to support a child’s education. The money you contribute toward a child becomes a credit back to you (the taxpayer) against state taxes owed.

Though you may use any School Tax Organization (STO) to donate, at Casas we partner with the Institute for Better Education (IBE). IBE is an incredible STO and we are so grateful for their partnership.

Institute for Better Education
921 N. Swan Rd • Tucson, Arizona 85711
Phone: (520) 512-5438

Tax Credit FAQ's

1. How do I donate my tax credit contribution to STO?

BY MAIL: Complete a donation card and mail it along with your check or credit card information (available in the school office).

ONLINE: Click the appropriate link to be taken to the online donation page: IBE,  ACSTO,  ATC.

Institute for Better Education (520) 512-5438 or
Arizona Christian School Tuition Organization (480) 820-0403 or
Arizona Tuition Connection (480) 409-4106.

IN PERSON: With check, cash, card, or money order.

2. How much of my tax liability for 2021 can I redirect?

Single filers may donate up to $611 to the Original Fund, plus an additional $608 to the PLUS program: Total $1219. Married filing jointly may donate up to $1,221 to the Original Fund, plus an additional $1,214 to the PLUS program: Total $2,435. Any donation that exceeds your state tax liability for the year may be carried over for up to five years.

3. How much can my child receive?

If you have a current private school student who has not received corporate funds previously, and who has not received any PLUS funds previously; a donor may only contribute the Original Tax Credit amount (the first half portion) to your specific child. They may however still give the PLUS amount on top of that, but it will go to the PLUS scholarship general fund at whatever school they choose, or to a student that qualifies to receive plus funds by meeting one of the eligibility requirements below.

If you have a child that has previously been awarded a PLUS scholarship/recommended PLUS funds OR if you have an incoming Kindergarten student, incoming public school student, are an incoming AZ stationed military family, or will have an incoming disabled/displaced student, the donor may contribute the total amount (both portions) directly to your child’s tuition, as they are eligible for both the Original and PLUS funds.

4. Do I have to donate the maximum amount?

Certainly not. Any donation is appreciated. But you must contribute the full Original Tax Credit amount (the first half) before being able to contribute the PLUS fund amount (the second half).

5. Will I receive a receipt?

Yes. If an e-mail address is provided, you will get instant confirmation that your donation was received and processed via e-mail. The STO will mail year-end tax receipts to all donors by January 31st.

Want to learn more about directing people to contribute their private school tax credit donations to your child?

Visit the ACSTO website to learn more about approaching people, and how to take the anxiety out of “the ask”!

Casas Christian School